
This month our memories were twecked.
Cloe, our family pet, is gone. She, noticed I have the right sex, had brought many years of joy despite her individual personality.
Jodi had brought her home from “Tallie” while at FSU as a Christmas present for Mom.
Cloe had her own turns for loving you. She liked to purr when held and scratched under her chin. Now catching her in your arms
was a different story. It wasn’t until she got really old, slow and sick the challenge became easy. Her favorite thing was sleeping
in the sun on her back in the middle of the carpet, in front of the big window or under the bench in Grandma/pa's room. Begging for a treat by tapping your leg until you gave in and gave her some so she would stop.
The grandchildren loved her even when they were not sure what to think of her. After loving on the Grandparents their first question would be “Where is Cloe?” I would usually reply
“sleeping somewhere.” Off they would go to find her. Keeping their distance not sure they wanted to wake the sleeping lion!!
Taylor, Kaitlyn, Ashley, Ethan, Hayden, and Courtney like to find Cloe. Even little Brice wasn’t sure what to think about the ball of fur moving across the floor. Cloe would let C.J, Jeremy, Amber, & Chandler pet her. Taylor's courage grow. Cloe let her pet him too. The little one were able to towards the end. I think she was to tired to bother getting away.
Ethan was able to pick her up to my surprise in October. He asked me how old she was. I told him almost a 100 people years an we might not have her around because Cloe was sick. He looked questioning. I said, "She was like ten fingers old." With a puzzled look he asked: “How old are you Grandma?” I smiled and said, only 6 fingers. He smiles and seemed satisfied.
Cloe will be missed by all.
She is a part of our memories.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Cloe - gone but not forgotten:
Posted by Vicky at 6:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Now I was fine until I read that post! I guess a little part of me hoped she would be with us forever! I'll never forget the first time Tanya asked how Cloe was doing after she came home that Christmas. I told her that you thought she was going to be okay because she was finally letting you pet her and purred. To my surprise Tanya was amazed. Cloe has never purred before.
We all loved Cloe and she loved YOU! She will definitely be missed.
The kids were a little confused and sad when we explained to them that Cloe was not going to be at grandma and grandpa's house anymore, but they were comforted by the fact that Grandma and Grandpa will still be there!! Hayden still tells me daily that "Cloe is in Heaven". They will miss her tons and Jeremy won't know what to do without fur on his suit from picking her up.
I was checking out your blog when Kaitlyn came in she saw Cloe and said..."thats Papa's kitty".
i miss her.... this makes me sad.... :(
Post a Comment